NSR is a facility developed and managed by NSDL Database Management Limited (NDML) at the request of NASSCOM (the premier trade body and the chamber of commerce of the IT-BPO industries in India www.nasscom.in) and its member companies. An important objective of NSR is to develop secure identity for each registered person (referred to as Knowledge Professionals) along-with a detailed fact-sheet of information. This profile for each Knowledge Professional (KP) is hosted online on NSR system and can be accessed by users authorized by the KP to view his / her profile. KP can register his / her demographic, academic, employment experience and biometric details to complete the registration process. In order to ensure that each employee can have only one unique industry profile, NSR has deployed a biometric based system. NSR issues a registration number i.e. NSR Registration number, also called ITPIN for each registered profile. The KP himself / herself or the user companies authorized by the KP can access the profile with reference to this NSR Number/ITPIN. Authorized companies or KP can request for a background check to verify the information of the KP. Background Verification Companies (EBCs) empanelled by NSR would carry out the verification and report the verification results against the profile for the KP.
NSR is used by IT & BPO industry and a few companies in financial services sector for creating and referencing secure and verified online profile of employees and job applicants.
National Institute of Securities Market (NISM) is an institute established by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). NISM develops certification programmes for various segments of financial markets. Employees of the financial market intermediaries and other persons can appear for these certification programmes and comply with market regulator's requirements / improve their knowledge of the market segment and applicable regulatory regime.
NISM has decided to use NSR facility for registering the persons appearing for NISM Compliance certification examinations so that:
- Identity of the persons appearing for the examinations can be established using existing NSR registration procedure.
- Bio-metric based uniqueness assurance system deployed by NSR can facilitate NISM to ensure that each certification applicant has a biometrically checked unique profile.
- Permanent and online profile can be established for each certification applicant.
- NISM is able to reference the registration of each certification applicant.
- Details of the certification modules for which NSR registration is mandatory is available on NISM website at http://www.nism.ac.in.
- Detailed process for registering for NISM Certification modules is available on NISM site at : http://www.nism.ac.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117&Itemid=119
- NSR Registration Process for NISM certification applicants is detailed below for your convenience. Please complete your NSR registration as per process listed below and complete the steps as listed on NISM website for the Certification programme.
Click here to get started with your NSR registration: Register for NSR
Contact : 022 – 4914 2576 / 2577 / email@example.com for any information / clarification relating to NSR registration.
For queries / clarifications relating to NISM tests, test schedules, registration on NISM test administrator site etc.
Please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org