National Skills Registry (NSR) is a NASSCOM initiative to have a robust and credible information repository about all persons working in the IT/ITes and BFSI sector in India. NSR is set up and managed by NSDL Database Management Limited (NDML) on behalf of NASSCOM. NDML is sensitive to privacy issues on the internet. It is therefore important for you to know how the information we receive from you is treated.
Information Collection and Usage
By creating a profile on National Skills Registry, we collect your information as below
1) Registration: In order to create a unique NSR profile and to allow for seamless access to your account the login id, password (stored in encrypted format), hint question,hint answer (in encrypted format) and biometric fingerprints are collected.
2) Personal details: Personal information such as Name, Gender, Mother's name, Father's Name, Spouse's Name, Date of birth, Address details, Contact numbers, email, Passport & PAN details is collected.
3) Qualification details: Details such as Academic, Professional and Technical qualifications is collected.
4) Employment details: Information of your present and past employment/s is collected.
5) We also collect information of the pages/links you visit / access on our site, the number of times you access each page etc.
Information Sharing and purpose
Once you have created a profile in NSR system, your profile information can be accessed by the below entities, provided they are subscribers to NSR system. The profile information cannot be accessed by entities which are not subscribed to NSR system. Further access to your profile to subscribers is provided based on user authentication mechanism only.
a) Present Employer Company: The present employer refers to the employer which is indicated as your present employer in the NSR profile. The present employer can access your profile to view the profile, to confirm your employment details or to initiate background checks on the details contained in your profile.
b) Prospective Employer: You can control the access to your profile to any company which is not indicated as your present employer. The access to prospective employers is provided only on the basis of specific authorization from you. The facility for authorization is available to you online.
c) Empanelled background checkers (EBC): The profile can be accessed by EBC agencies under the following cases
a. Where request for background verification has been initiated by you using NSR system.
b. Where request for background verification is initiated by your present or prospective employer to whom authorization to access the profile is provided by you.
NSR provides complete transparency to you, to view the results of the background check which is posted by the EBC.
Choices available to you regarding collection and usage of your information
1) Modification of profile information: NSR provides you the access to view and update your profile. However, if any information of your profile is background checked and results of background checks are posted , that information cannot be edited by you. However, you can always add additional information on your profile. E.g. If your address has been background checked and if there is a change in address, you can add your new address. NSR profile will maintain both the old as well as new address.
2) Deactivation of profile information: NSR provides you ability to deactivate your profile. Once your profile is deactivated, the profile cannot be accessed by anyone. If at a later date you need to again re- activate your profile you will need to write to email@example.com
You recognize and understand that there is no compulsion on you to provide us with your personal information and any and all personal information provided by you to us is with your full consent, own volition and desire to provide such personal information.
Our web servers collect the information of visitors such as domain names and Source IP address. We use this information to assemble aggregate information about the visitors to our website; pages visited and assist with our systems administration and problem resolution activities. Your accessing our site signifies your unconditional consent to allow the collection of this information. There are times, however, when we may need information from you, such as your name and other details. Usually, the personal information we collect is used only by us to respond to your inquiry, process an order or to service your specific request.
Confidentiality and Security
To protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information we have in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures. NDML uses a combination of operational and technical features to ensure security of your data. Operational features involve self updation of profiles by individual using authentication information set up himself/ herself, data access controls, authorization process, Maker- Checker concept and ISO 27001 certification. Technical features involve aspects like network access security, data encryption, digital signature authenticated access, biometrics, audit trail and password management. Detailed information on the same is provided on link https://nationalskillsregistry.com/nsr-security-features.htm . NDML has MOU or agreements with all its business partners like NASSCOM, Subscriber companies and Empanelled Background Checkers to ensure maintenance of confidentiality of your information by these parties.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release, use or disclose your information when we believe such release of information is necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable statutory requirement, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety as required or permitted by law.
If you have any questions about security of our site, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further, NSR Web site may contain links to other sites such as business affiliates and software providers. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting other sites and such other sites are not governed by this privacy statement. We advise you to read their privacy policies before providing your personal information to such sites.
NDML reserves the right to change or update this policy at any time. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting to this site.
You can contact us at:
NSDL Database Management Limited
4th Floor, 'A' Wing, Trade World, Kamala Mills Compound,
Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400013
Phone Nos: 022 - 4914 2576 / 2577